I never got around to posting the original redecorating, so bear with me while I post some pictures of the room the two girls shared previously. Here is what we started with. Not bad, but ready for a change.
So here is her new teen girl room. I call it "British Lumberjack"
She wanted a tree mural on one wall. Most of the ones that we found on Pinterest were from the UK and upwards of $500 (insert cough/gasp), which wasn't going to happen. We found this one for $80 shipped. It was a bit of a beast to put up and the hubby and I may have had a disagreement or two whilst putting it up, but it all came together in the end. There are a few wrinkles left but most all of the bubbles flattened out when it dried.
And now for the dresser. A friend had posted a picture of a dresser with a Union Jack on it on Facebook and I loved it. I figured it was perfect for my daughter's dresser because it was already navy blue.
The paint was a bit too bright to match the comforter on her bed, so I wanted to tone down the colors a bit and give it an antiqued finish. You can buy wax that is already tinted or you can tint it yourself. To do this, I just mixed the clear wax with some brown paint in a washed out applesauce container.